(Advertisement - Learn how you to can help support the Spotter Network)
YOU MUST GO TAKE THE TRAINING COURSE AND PASS THE EXAM OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT REPORTS.
Go to: http://training.spotternetwork.org
Minimum Severe Reporting Criteria- All tornado, wall cloud, etc
- All hail reports allowed
- Only wind speeds and/or gusts greater than 50 mph
- All severe hydro related events (flooding, flash flood, etc)
- All notable damage generated from a storm
- All winter reports, IF they have a significant impact
- All tropical reports, IF they have a significant impact
What is NOT allowed- No test reports. Yes this means you!
- No relay reports. First hand reports only!
- No lightning reports
- No "sky is clear" reports
- No "storm is getting stronger/weaker" reports
- No fog reports
- No radar based reports. We have radar too thank you
- No reports of what you are hearing on scanner / ham radio / TV
- No rain measurements unless you believe it constitutes flood conditions.
Use CoCoRaHS for precip reports!
- No snow measurements unless you believe it constitutes a dangerous situation
- No general information like "storm is passing the Georgia border"
What do the red/yellow/green icons indicate?Very bad report. Bordering on a reason to be banned
Good report. Could be better for some reason, but perfectly acceptable
You rock! Perfect report!